November 10, 2011 Micro-Aquarium-Not Much Happenin'

Today while observing my aquarium I noticed a couple of things. First is that there seemed to have been quite a few carcasses; one of which I seen was a Cyclops (Rainis KG and Russell BJ. p.204), which was being devoured by Coleps (Patterson DJ. p.162). Another is there wasn't much visible life seen in my aquarium today. It seemed as if most of the organisms were hiding in the dirty at the bottom. However I did see quite a few Cyclops (Rainis KG and Russell BJ. p.204) and Euchlanis sp.  Rotiferas (Smith, D. 2001. figure 7.2). I ventured to the bottom of the aquarium, beyond the dirt, and I could see quite a bit of activity going on; that's why I hypothesized that many of the organisms were hiding or at the very bottom of the aquarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment