November 17, 2011- Micro-Aquarium- Dead Zone

Today while observing my aquarium I noticed quite a few carcasses. Most of them where of the Seed Shrimp, and few where Cyclops. Last week there wasn't much happening, I guess this is why. On another note, the living Seed Shrimp have become huge and hairy looking. It seems as if all they do is eat...Last week I failed to mention that I seen a Hydracarina sp. -Water Mite (Pennak R. pg. 514). It was moving extremely fast, so I couldn't get a picture of it. This week the organisms seem to be moving slower than usual, or not visual at all. Many of the Seed Shrimp were hiding in the dirt at the bottom of the aquarium, only poking their heads out when they felt like it. Surprisingly I didn't see hardly any Rotifers; at the beginning of the project I seen a plethora of them, now I didn't see many if any at all! It seems as if the Seed Shrimp and Cyclops are dominating the aquarium now. Also there are quite a few baby organisms swimming around in there. Maybe the organisms are in the dirty reproducing... While looking at the very bottom of the aquarium I could see quite a bit of movement and small transparent organisms.

No comments:

Post a Comment